|Sticky, goo-ey goodness, guilt-free!|
This recipe is so easy, and it will take you all of 15 minutes, tops, to prepare. I created these bars out of need… I have been stock-piling the new vegan (gluten-free) marshmallows from Trader Joe’s, and wanted to make a quick treat to bring to work, that would satisfy both my vegan and gluten-free co-workers. I had in mind something along the lines of rice krispy treats, but I didn’t have any rice krispies, and I didn’t have time to run to the store, so I did a pantry-raid, and more or less dumped everything into a pot. My favorite kind of recipe! Everyone kept asking me what the recipe was called, which I didn’t have a name for, and if they could have a copy of the recipe, so I had to make it another time! You can find all but one of the ingredients at Trader Joe’s, but these are also things that I keep stocked for making things like Acai bowls, baking, etc.
|Stock up before they’re gone!|
|All of these ingredients are good to have in the pantry.|
– 10-oz. bag vegan marshmallows (Trader Joe’s brand is vegan, gluten-free and kosher)
– 3 Tbsp. Earth Balance, original buttery flavor
– 8-oz. package Trader Joe’s Super Seed & Ancient Grain Blend
– 1 C. dried cranberries
– 1 C. raw unsalted pumpkin seeds
– 1/2 C. cacao nibs (available at Whole Foods or most health food stores)
– 1/2 C. dried tart cherries
– 1 C. vegan dark chocolate chips
|Stir, stir, stir!|
1. Prepare 2-quart glass baking dish with nonstick spray. Melt Earth Balance in large pot over medium-high heat. Add marshmallows and melt over medium heat, stirring occasionally to keep marshmallows from sticking to bottom of pan.
2. Once marshmallows have completely melted, and resemble a smooth, creamy texture, add all ingredients except chocolate chips. Turn off heat and stir, stir, stir to combine ingredients and ensure all ingredients are mixed thoroughly throughout.
3. Spread marshmallow mixture in baking dish. TIP: Spray off-set spatula with nonstick spray, use to press mixture evenly into pan. Top with chocolate chips. Set aside to cool. Slice into squares after cooled.