- 4 ears fresh corn
- 3/4 C. diced yellow onion
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1/2 C. chopped roasted green chiles
- 1/4 C. oil (I used half avocado oil and half olive oil)
- 2 C. almond milk, or milk of your choice
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Remove corn kernels from ears of corn by standing corn cob up and scraping knife down the sides. Cut corn cobs in half and place in 6 C. boiling water, with a dash of salt. Boil the cobs for 40 minutes, which will make a sort of “corn stock.” Remove cobs and set stock aside.
2. In a large pot, saute chopped onions and green chiles in oil, over medium-high heat, for 7 minutes, or until onions just begin to brown lightly.
3. Add corn, carrots, corn stock and an additional 1 1/2 C. of water. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and cook over medium heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add almond milk. Cover and cook for an additional 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add salt and pepper to taste.