|This came together in about 15 minutes.|
- 1 1/2 cucumbers, peeled and diced
- 4 good-sized ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 C. finely chopped green onion
- splash of balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 – 1 1/2 tsp. Sriracha, or hot sauce of your choice (You have the option of going a little heavier on the hot sauce if you like some heat, or lighter if you prefer a milder dish.)
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground peppercorns
- Optional: For garnish – sliced avocado
1. Using a blender or food processor, lightly pulse 3/4 of the chopped tomatoes, leaving 1/4 in their chopped state. Pulse, so that you can control the texture. I pulsed to a choppy-puree, but not so much that I would have had a liquid.
2. Do the same with 3/4 of the chopped cucumbers.
3. Combine all remaining ingredients and stir. Season as needed with additional salt, pepper and hot sauce. Garnish as desired.
This recipe was so quick and easy, it’s not a very long blog post today, but the gazpacho was nice and refreshing.